the hinata diaries

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Saigon blues


Sometimes you think it's not so bad being on a business trip. A quiet evening alone with a good book (Nassim Nicholas Taleb's Fooled by Randomness), a good dessert (green tea creme brulee with gingko nuts at the Park Hyatt Saigon's Square One) and a good glass of wine (a New Zealand sauvignon blanc).

Then the familiar melancholy refrain of a Lizz Wright song comes playing over the sound system.

"... as soon as I get home..."

"I wish I was home..."

Sigh. Friday's a long way away.

2 Comments:

  • Wow the creme brulee looks exciting. I'll try it when im there in december. Hope you found some of the places I mentioned in my blog. Sorry bout the lack of addies.

    By Blogger shaz, At 7:14 PM  

  • shaz, no worries! managed to find (what i think was) Quan94 which was really great... looking forward to reading about your eating discoveries on your next trip!

    By Blogger hinata, At 10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home