the hinata diaries

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Hooray!

Blogger is finally (momentarily?) able to post pictures, so I've done a mass upload of all my backdated pics. Please scroll down for pictures from Three Guizhou Men and Le Quai in Beijing, Zuko!, Peach Garden and FINALLY Wild Rocket (more than a month after I first posted, sans pics, about it).

Unfortunately while trying to merge old posts with new pics, I lost all comments on the old posts :( Thanks to everyone who commented though, it's always fun to hear from you!

P.S. For anyone who might've had trouble uploading pics on Blogger like me, this trick I found on the Blogger forums does seem to work - create a new post, enter a few blank rows, then upload. Uploading to previous posts, or to a new post but without the blank rows, still doesn't seem to work. Hope they'll fix that soon cos it really is a pain! What's food writing/reading without photos??? :)

9 Comments:

  • Your pictures are gorgeous, and just provide another reason to read your blog (not that I need another - the writing amuses me greatly).

    Why don't you just use flickr to host your photos rather than struggle with Blogger?

    By Blogger Colin, At 5:04 PM  

  • That's odd - I was sure I posted a comment. Anyway, I was asking why you didn't use flickr, it's loads more convenient than crummy blogger.

    By Blogger Colin, At 11:02 PM  

  • Thanks! I still have a long way to go with the pictures but slowly getting the hang of it :)

    Yah, I did try flickr but it doesn't seem to be any better - when Blogger upload is mucked up it doesn't load flickr photos either.

    Sorry about the comment - I've got moderation on cos every now and then spammers get in and it's really annoying to delete them :)

    Love your site too btw! Never fails to make me hungry :)

    By Blogger hinata, At 12:13 PM  

  • Oh, actually what I meant was hosting your pictures on flickr and then just copying the html tags into your blog posts, rather than uploading from flickr.

    By Blogger Colin, At 9:49 AM  

  • oh, ok!!! Didn't realize you could do that, will definitely try - it does sound a lot more painless! Thanks!

    By Blogger hinata, At 11:12 AM  

  • I use photo bucket. Easy to use. Just add the tag to blogger. :) (PS. was so inspired by your entries on chiangmai, I have made plans to go next month)

    By Blogger shaz, At 10:11 PM  

  • Shaz,

    That's great! Hope you have a fabulous time!!! Looking forward to reading your report :)

    and thanks for the photobucket tip!

    By Blogger hinata, At 6:20 PM  

  • hey hey, been checking in every now and then.. and no updates :) love to read your entries.

    By Blogger shaz, At 4:47 PM  

  • Shaz,

    Thanks for the love :) Been pretty busy at work (new boss lah :)) so been pretty busy and travelling a lot... seeing your comment definitely motivated me though - just spent 1 1/2 hours at my hotel business centre blogging about Nogawa! Will get back on track soon, promise!

    By Blogger hinata, At 9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home